Terms & Conditions
• The College of Progressive Education accepts no responsibility for Cash or Postal Orders sent through the post. We request that you do not send us cash or postal money orders. In all cases places cannot be reserved on a course without a deposit. Late enrolments may be accepted subject to place availability.
• Booking deposits and fees/balances are non-refundable & non transferable. Learners are liable for fees, whether or not they complete the course of study. If a learner fails to complete a course and as a direct result a funding body refuses to pay their fees, the candidate will become personally liable for the outstanding fees. Unless an instalment plan is in place course fees must be paid in full before the commencement date of the course. Except where stated, all fees are non-refundable. No fee refund or transfer will be made to students who fail to attend classes or who do not finish the course. Learners are deemed to have accepted these terms on payment of their deposit/fees.
• To enable us to register learners correctly with QQI a copy of the learner’s PPS Number is required.
• The College cherishes excellence, integrity, fairness and equality. We are happy to accommodate learners with special requirements. However, should an interpreter or specialist equipment be required this will be at the learners expense. Learners must advise the College in writing at the time of application of their special requirements so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.
• Overdue accounts
Where a learner is in arrears with their fees, he or she may be asked to leave the course.
Distance Learning Modules and all certificates will be withheld where accounts are in arrears
• Places on courses are limited, and are therefore allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Acceptance of these terms and conditions are deemed to be signed on payment of a deposit.
• Course start dates may be deferred or courses may be cancelled if there are insufficient learners enrolled. The College will endeavour to offer an acceptable alternative course. Where this is not possible and the College has cancelled the course, all fees received will be refunded.
• Where a student receives Distance Learning materials in respect of one course and then decides to change to another course they will be charged for the materials received to date, notwithstanding their return. In addition the full course fee of the newly chosen course is due at time of transfer.
• Seminar Absence Policy: Where seminars are timetabled as part of a course, attendance at the seminar(s) is compulsory. In exceptional circumstances, where a learner is unable to attend a seminar (either in part or the full day), the learner may request an alternate seminar date. The College cannot guarantee that an alternate seminar date will be available in every case. An administration fee applies to such requests.
• In exceptional circumstances (family bereavement, certified illness) learners may apply for a deferral. A deferral fee will apply. The deferral is granted at the discretion of the Principal, and the deferred place must be taken up within one academic year. Also note that enrolled learners who fail to complete the course within its designated time frame and wish to have an extended period in which to finish may be subject to additional fees.
• Protection of Enrolled Learners (PEL)
The Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6 requires that all programmes of 3 months or more duration have in place arrangements for the PEL to ensure learners have the opportunity to complete their programme of study. The College has made arrangements with at least two other providers to comply with this legal obligation. Where relevant the contact details of alternative providers who have agreed to support your College programme will be provided to you in your learner induction pack. In the unlikely event the PEL is activated it will be necessary to forward your details as supplied to the College to QQI and the alternative providers to ensure the completion of your programme.