This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Special Needs Assisting Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Minor Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 5M2009
|5N1786||Special Needs Assisting||5|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the learner to work effectively under direction in a special needs assisting capacity.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Explore in the role and responsibilities of the Special Needs Assistant
- Examine the qualities and skills of an effective Special Needs Assistant
- Examine relevant legislation in relation to disability
- Explore the rights of children with disabilities in relation to personal autonomy, participation and decision making
- Relate effectively and appropriately to children who present with additional needs
- Use care routines in feeding, toileting and general hygiene
- Maintain appropriate relationships with children parents, primary carers, teachers and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Work effectively with children who present with disabilities under the direction of the classroom teacher
- Assist children with disabilities in a range of activities, ensuring equality of opportunity through working in a safe and professional manner
- Reflect on personal practice working with children, their parents or guardians and colleagues ensuring that children's individuality is promoted and that their needs are met.
Assessment / Examinations:
Skills Demonstration 60%
Learner Record 40%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|