This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 School Age Childcare Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Minor Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 5M2009
|5N1781||School Age Childcare||5|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to implement and evaluate school age child care programmes.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Outline the elements of an effective school age child care programme
- Explain the importance of developing programme plans that are inclusive of children and young people
- Discuss strategies to ensure that a strong focus on play/recreation remains a core principle and a distinguishing characteristic of school age child care settings
- Identify aspects of provision for enrichment/homework within a multi-age setting
- Evaluate environments, equipment and resources to suit stages of development and ages
- Use strategies for involving all service users in the planning, implementing and evaluation of the programme
- Evaluate a range of environments (indoor and outdoor) suitable for a school age child care setting
- Implement a range of activities that address the developmental, recreational, interest and creative needs of children and young people
- Reflect on own role and responsibilities when engaging with children.
Assessment / Examinations:
Learner Record 60%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|