QQI Level 5 Payroll Manual
The QQI Level 5 Payroll module will equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to operate and maintain accurate payroll records using manual and computerised systems, for an organisation, working under general direction and supervision. The course is offered on a part-time basis where the students must attend the class one day for 10 weeks.
Modules of the Bookkeeping Course
This QQI Level 5 Payroll course enables the learners to acquire skills and practical knowledge of basic payroll manual. At the end of the course is expected from students understanding of the following:
- Explain the key terminology associated with personal taxation in preparing and maintaining payroll records both manually and on the computer
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for payroll processing purposes
- Process the payroll for employee(s), using manual and computerised systems, under the cumulative tax system, to include; various elements of gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, cut-off points, credits, all statutory and non-statutory deductions
- Process the payroll for employee(s), under the emergency and temporary tax systems and subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system
- Demonstrate the changes in personal tax due to various factors to include; mid-year commencement and leaving of employment, changes in credits, refunds
Course Fee Information:
Pay In Full – €299
Progressive College are committed to providing equal access to education and equal opportunities for mature students (23 years +). Mature applicants do not need to match school-leavers in terms of academic achievement, provided there is evidence of the ability to pursue and benefit from the course, but candidates must be 23 years of age or over on the 1st January of the year of entry to their programme of study. Mature students must also have proficiency in the English language.
Assessment / Examinations:
Alternative assessments are in place to facilitate students who are unable to find placement due to current L5 COVID19 restrictions.
Location & date:
|Anywhere||Anytime||Online||6 Months to Complete|