|CODE||COMPLETE 8 COMPONENTS||LEVEL|
|5N1770||EARLY CARE & EDUCATION PRACTICE||5|
|5N1773||EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & PLAY||5|
|5N1765||CHILD HEALTH & WELL BEING||5|
|5N1786||SPECIAL NEEDS ASSISTING||5|
|5N1781||SCHOOL AGE CHILDCARE||5|
Progressive College Level 5 ECCE course is designed to equip the learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies to work independently and under supervision in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings and or to progress to higher education and training. The programme is delivered on a full-time basis. Learners will develop skills that prepare them to work in a supervised role with children aged 0 – 6 years.
This course is delivered full-time. This Level 5 ECCE Childcare course promotes understanding of the holistic nature of work with young children and the work placement aspect facilitates learners to put into practice what they are learning through their studies, in a real-world setting. This Early Childhood Care & Education Major Award at Level 5 will permit successful graduates to work in a wide range of settings with different professionals and volunteers and encourages an understanding of the value and importance of all of them in providing a service for children and their families.
The QQI Component in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) at Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications offers comprehensive preparation for a career in a variety of Early Childhood Care and Education settings. This can be in daycare centres, crèche, pre-school/after school facility or with families as a personal childminder. It will qualify learners to work both independently and under supervision. The Level 5 Childcare Course leads to the QQI Level 5 award 5M2009 Early Childhood Care and Education. Learners will complete a total of 8 modules to achieve the award.
On completion of the award, learners will have the option of progressing to further education and training opportunities such as the QQI Level 6 award 6M2007 Early Childhood Care and Education. Also subject to certain specific requirements, this course can be used through the CAO to apply for a third level degree course in a related discipline.
Course Fee Information:
€4,195 - All course materials are included
The learning outcomes of this programme are the following:
- To develop in learners a broad understanding and knowledge of how children learn and develop in the early years
- To develop a broad range of skills in observing babies and young children and in facilitating appropriate learning experiences for the children in their care
- To familiarize learners with their responsibilities in the area of child protection
- To facilitate learners in gaining a clear understanding of developments in curriculum
- To promote awareness of cultural diversity and the importance of social and cultural inclusion
Entry Requirements & Assessment/Examinations
Progressive College are committed to providing equal access to education and equal opportunities for mature students (23 years +). Mature applicants do not need to match school-leavers in terms of academic achievement, provided there is evidence of the ability to pursue and benefit from the course, but candidates must be 23 years of age or over on the 1st January of the year of entry to their programme of study. Mature students must also have proficiency in the English language.
- This full-time programme takes place over one academic year with work experience, an integral part of the course.
- Continuous assessment including practical skills demonstrations and 1 written examination.
- 110 hours of work practice in an ECCE setting.
Location & date:
|Dublin 2 City Centre||Sept 2021||Monday – Friday||10 am – 4 pm|