QQI Level 5 Bookkeeping Manual
The QQI Level 5 Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised module will equip the learner with the knowledge, skills, and competence to produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems. The course is offered on a fully online basis.
Modules of the Bookkeeping Course
This bookkeeping course enables the learners to acquire skills and practical knowledge of basic bookkeeping. At the end of the course is expected from students understanding of the following:
- Record business transactions,
- Post to the ledgers and draw up a trial balance using both a manual and a computerised accounts package
- Data accuracy and confidentiality in financial transactions
- Debit, Credit, Debtors and Creditors, Double Entry Bookkeeping; Books of First Entry, Ledgers, Trial Balance, VAT, etc.
- Summary of Cash Payments in the Petty Cash
- Period Trial Balance
- VAT Return
- Summary of Supplier Activity
- Summary of Customer Activity
- Nominal Account Activity
Possible career paths include: Bookkeeper, credit controller, finance assistant or finance administrator across multiple industries.
Course Fee Information:
Pay In Full – €299
Progressive College are committed to providing equal access to education and equal opportunities for mature students (23 years +). Mature applicants do not need to match school-leavers in terms of academic achievement, provided there is evidence of the ability to pursue and benefit from the course, but candidates must be 23 years of age or over on the 1st January of the year of entry to their programme of study. Mature students must also have proficiency in the English language.
Assessment / Examinations:
Alternative assessments are in place to facilitate students who are unable to find placement due to current L5 COVID19 restrictions.
Location & date:
|Anywhere||Anytime||Online||6 Months to Complete|