The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using
manual and computerised systems.
Learning Outcomes Learners will be able to:
1. Explain the key terminology associated with therecording and maintenance of bookkeeping records, using manual and computerised systems.
2. Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for record keeping purposes.
3. Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from the information contained in a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records, petty cash vouchers.
4. Post the information from the daybooks to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers.
5. Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period.
Course Fee Information:
Pay In Full – €299
Progressive College are committed to providing equal access to education and equal opportunities for mature students (23 years +). Mature applicants do not need to match school-leavers in terms of academic achievement, provided there is evidence of the ability to pursue and benefit from the course, but candidates must be 23 years of age or over on the 1st January of the year of entry to their programme of study. Mature students must also have proficiency in the English language.
Assessment / Examinations:
Alternative assessments are in place to facilitate students who are unable to find placement due to current L5 COVID19 restrictions.
Location & date:
|Anywhere||Anytime||Online||6 Months to Complete|