Blended Online option – Live Webinars, recorded lectures and classroom sessions.
As per QQI requirements, if you wish to use previously achieved modules to complete your Major Award, then they must have been achieved within the last five years. You must provide the College with copies of these certificates in order to go forward for certification once you have completed your programme of training with us
Learners will have support through contact with their online blended learning tutor by phone and by email throughout the duration of the course.
|6N1944||Early Childhood Curriculum||6|
|6N1945||Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies||6|
|6N1933||Early Learning Environment||6|
|6N1935||Early Childhood Literacy & Numeracy||6|
|6N1936||Early Childhood Arts & Culture||6|
This QQI Level 6 ECCE with Montessori Online Blended Course is specifically designed for learners who wish to pursue a career as a Montessori teacher for children aged 3-6 years. Additionally, it provides learners with the all-important ECCE Level 6 qualification which enables the centre they are working in to qualify for the free preschool year ECCE scheme. This award covers in depth the six main Montessori disciplines: Theory & Practice, Practical Life, Mathematics, Language, Sensorial and Culture.
This ECCE with Montessori Online Blended course is designed to equip the learners with the knowledge, skills, and competencies. This could be as a Montessori teacher, room leader or supervisor under the ECCE scheme. The primary focus is the Montessori Method of Education. Successful graduates will be qualified to work as Montessori teachers and work with children aged 0 – 6 years old, in a range of ECCE settings. Learners can also choose to progress to higher education and training.
This ECCE with Montessori Online Blended course helps student develop a deep understanding of the theories behind the method, the purpose of the specific didactic Montessori materials and the skills to support children’s learning in an ECCE setting. There is a focus on holistic development and well-being of the child. Moreover, diversity and fostering equality and inclusion will also be a key focus.
Learners acquire the necessary skills to plan, implement and evaluate a Montessori environment in line with Montessori philosophy and with reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles. Integral to the programme is work placement where learners are enabled to put into practice what they learn through their studies.
The programme leads to the QQI Level 6 award 6M2007 Early Childhood Care and Education. Learners will complete a total of 8 components to achieve the award. Students will be equipped with all the knowledge, skill and competence to deliver the Montessori Method of Education to children, between the ages of three and six years in the ECCE setting.
Course Fee Information:
WE ARE OPEN FOR ENROLLMENTS ON THIS COURSE
Pay In Full – €995
Pay in Instalments – €1,100
(€275 deposit & 3 monthly instalments paid consecutively of €275 starting when the course begins)
The learning outcomes of this QQI Level 6 ECCE with Montessori Online Blended Course are the following:
- To equip learners with a sound understanding of child development theory and observation methodologies which will enable the learners to apply this knowledge in work practice through observing, recording and making recommendations relating to children’s holistic development.
- To equip learners with a knowledge of a wide range of educational theorists and philosophies and with an in-depth knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods.
- To familiarize learners with a variety of curriculum materials including knowledge of the purpose of a broad range of Montessori materials and to equip them with the skills to support children’s learning in an ECCE setting
- To ensure learners can plan, implement and evaluate a Montessori programme and environment suitable for a child in an ECCE setting, with reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles.
- To familiarize learners with an overview of the Irish statutory, legal and healthcare systems and supports available to children and families, with emphasis on the area of child protection and adherence to national guidelines in this area.
- To promote in learners the ability to nurture the holistic development and well-being of the child while valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion
- To ensure learners understand the concepts of professional conduct, responsibility and autonomy and to facilitate learners in establishing an effective working environment and relationships when acting in a supervisory role in an ECCE setting.
- To enable learners to reflect critically on personal and professional practice and to take responsibility for own professional development.
Entry Requirements & Assessment/Examinations
Progressive College are committed to providing equal access to education and equal opportunities for mature students (23 years +). Mature applicants do not need to match school-leavers in terms of academic achievement, provided there is evidence of the ability to pursue and benefit from the course, but candidates must be 23 years of age or over on the 1st January of the year of entry to their programme of study. Mature students must also have proficiency in the English language.
Continuous assessment & Skills demonstrations.
*Unless otherwise stated all skills demonstrations/exams take place in our Dublin City Centre venue
Alternative assessments are in place to facilitate students who are unable to find placement due to current L5 COVID19 restrictions.
Location & date:
|Online||Open for Enrolment||11th November 2021||40 Weeks|