This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Child Development Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Minor Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 5M2009
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings (ECCE).
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Explain the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development
- Describe a range of theories of child development and learning to include Piaget, Chomsky, Erikson, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Pavlov, Skinner
- Describe the influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning
- Identify the benefits of play to the child¿s holistic development and learning mindful of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Describe the contribution of the practitioner/parent/guardian to the development and learning of children in the home and in the ECCE setting
- Apply theoretical principles of child development in the ECCE setting
- Document children¿s developmental progress against normative milestones of development
- Carry out observations in support of programme planning for individual children and groups
- Recommend suitable play activities to promote holistic development and learning
- Evaluate own role and practice in supporting the development and learning of the child.
Assessment / Examinations:
Portfolio / Collection of Work 40%
Examination - Theory 30%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|